Scroll bar

Apr 29, 2024

Is there a way to get a scroll bar to move at a set time automatically so the lower half of the textbox displays? I have been asked to eliminate having the learner scroll manually.

2 Replies
Walt Hamilton

The only real way to avoid scrolling is not to have a scroll bar.

Frankly, whoever is asking hasn't thought through learner characteristics, most notably, the difference in reading speeds, among others. Nevertheless, if you have to advance the text after a certain time, don't put all the text in the same box. Put the second half in a different box, or even better in a different state. Then at the set time, show the other box or state.

William Shaul

Walt,

I greatly appreciate your quick response to my message.

I couldn't figure out a way to automate the slider, so I put the entire listing that was too long for my designated region on a new slide layer, had it display when my voiceover narration reached the appropriate place and hid the slide layer when the narration finished discussing it.

Not quite elegant but did the job. Later in the SL I display the list in two halves, which will allow the users to see it again.

Wonderful support!

Bill Shaul

[cid:image001.png@01DA9A45.7F6928B0]

The information contained in this communication is highly confidential and is intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom this communication is directed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any viewing, copying, disclosure or distribution of this information is prohibited. Please notify the sender, by electronic mail or telephone, of any unintended receipt and delete the original message without making any copies.

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network of Michigan are nonprofit corporations and independent licensees of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.

This message was secured by Zix(R).