Icons cover headline

Apr 29, 2024

Hello.

When I'm editing a text block on my 15.4" Macbook the headline is covered by the editing icons. Couldn't the tooltip show up a little higher, like before? Or perhaps below the dropdown.

I have to click outside the current text block to be able to see the headline.

A little annoying when working on a laptop.

4 Replies
Steven Benassi

Hi Kristoffer!

Happy to help with this!

Testing the behavior on my end with a 15.4-inch Macbook, I was unable to reproduce the same issue. The toolbar icons did not interfere with my heading text while formatting a Text Block.

headline-edit-rise

To clarify, are you experiencing this issue across all supported browsers, or is it local to one? 

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Steven Benassi

Hi Kristoffer!

Thanks for following up!

The Macbook I used for testing is from 2021, with 1920x1080 being the lowest resolution available. Are you comfortable sharing a screen recording of the behavior as you are experiencing it on your end?

Feel free to upload it here in the discussion or privately through a support case. We'd be happy to continue troubleshooting with you!

Phil Foss

Hi Kristoffer I started using a userstyle to adjust my admin, its the same browser addon tool I use to design themes on Rise. A few of the improvements so far:

1. Change content edit icon to say 'Content' as I was constantly clicking it to adjust colors.
  2. Fixed positioning so it never overlaps text
  3. Moved trashcan/delete away from other buttons and made it red, I've accidentally deleted blocks because of this
  4. Dark mode- to make admin functions more obvious and separate from content

admin improvements