Error with embed content (Genially)

May 16, 2024

Good afternoon,

I'm reaching out because we've been using the interactive resource to incorporate Geniallys into our content creation. The method we were using was quite straightforward: selecting the interactive embed element, pasting the Genially link, and it would appear as interactive. However, today, while creating a course, we followed the same process. The only difference is that upon entering the same link provided by Genially, the content ceased to be interactive, and clicking on it opens it in a separate tab. This is something we are not happy with in our course design. Additionally, a message appears when the "show data" option is deselected.

We would like to know if this is an error, an update, or how to solve it, as it is concerning for us not to be able to work with this type of tool. Thank you

3 Replies
Sharon K

Hi, I'm also experiencing this issue - the embedded Genially is now just an image instead of an interactive content. When I clicked on it, it opens in a separate tab. This is not what we intended to do in our course design as well.

I'd also like to know if it is an error/update and how to solve it. Thank you.

Kelly Auner

Hi Elisa,

Thanks for reaching out about this!

I have a few clarifying questions to help me narrow down the issue:

• First, I'd like to confirm that the course worked properly until today. Have you tried testing other links?
  • You mentioned a message appears when the "show data" option is deselected. What does this message say? When you paste embed code into a Rise 360 course, you might see this error message: Please enter a valid URL or iframe. This article lists a few troubleshooting tips.
  • When you added this content to the Embed block, did you copy in the URL or use the iframe code? You can try this formula to display the content right in your Rise 360 lesson: <iframe src="your content URL"></iframe>

If the issue persists, you can also share your URL here or privately in a support case and we can test it. I hope this helps!