Mouse Click Sounds

Jul 18, 2016

Is it possible to have the same mouse click sound only as the one that comes with the mouse cursor option? I would like to add this to a slide that I did a screen recording so the sounds are consistent.

12 Replies
Christie Pollick

Hi, Randy -- Thanks for reaching out! Perhaps I am not understanding what you need, but may I ask if you have had a chance to review the info below from this article:  Adding Mouse-Clicking Sounds

When the mouse reaches the end of its path, it can play a single-click or double-click sound, or you can omit the clicking sound altogether.

Select the mouse object on the slide and go to the Format tab on the ribbon.

Click NoneSingle, or Double.

Christie Pollick

Hi, Randy -- Thanks so much for the clarification, and the additional details! I reached out to some of my colleagues to inquire as to whether or not they were aware of a stand alone sound file for the mouse click and the following was suggested: 

Create a single-slide course containing one of those mouse clicks and publish for HTML5, and within the published output folder, you may be able to locate an .mp3 file that represents the click.

Hope that helps or perhaps others will have some additional insights to share here, as well! 

Jen McIntosh

That wasn't the issue here. We were just looking for the mouse click sound, which Christie provided a great solution to. Articulate seemingly has no intention of allowing multiple mouse cursors per slide seeing as how there are (more relevent) forum threads on the topic going back as far as 6 years and multiple product versions from what I can see. Is there a reason why you can't just add a mouse cursor on the next slide?

Tracy Previte

I should add, continuing with Christie's instructions to grab the desired sound, import the audio to your course and enter it into the desired slide in the desired timed location. I chose to use a Captive mouse click sound that is already in my Program files in the gallery. This way I did not have to create it myself. I used this mp3 because I am not sure why Storyline's mouse click sounds so sloppy. The single click sounds like double click, and the double click sounds like a quadruple click. ???