Forum Discussion

LorraineWelch-2
Community Member
31 days ago

Accessibility for Articulate Rise Knowledge Checks

Hi

I'm just wondering how people manage this process for people with a visibility disability because I can't see where you can add voiceovers.  Any ideas will be appreciated.

thanks

WallyHobbs
    Community Member

You don't necessarily need voiceovers to make Rise knowledge checks perceivable, operable, and understandable by users with visual disabilities. Presumably these users are using a screen reader (like NVDA, VoiceOver, Windows Narrator, or similar), and these screen readers will read the text on the page, so an additional voiceover isn't required to make the page accessible to users with visual disabilities.

We use a lot of knowledge checks in our Rise activities, and we test screen reader operability and understandability using NVDA and Chrome, and NVDA reads the knowledge checks very well from our viewpoint.

• Hi Lorraine,

Thanks so much for reaching out about this!

We want all learners to interact as fully as possible with courses in Rise 360. What type of knowledge check are you using? I'm happy to note that Multiple Choice, Multiple Response, and Fill-in-the-blank knowledge checks are fully accessible. Currently, matching knowledge checks are inaccessible, and we recommend choosing an alternative block or using a text block to provide instructions. 

I’m interested to hear the experiences of other community members, and I’ve also gathered a couple of resources that you may find helpful:

Accessibility is a critical part of our roadmap and we've put together a journal of the work we've done so far. Please feel free to follow along here to stay up-to-date on our progress, and let us know if you have any questions along the way.