Forum Discussion

sarahhood-ced95
Community Member
2 years ago

Course image on cover page

In themes: Cover Page: Course image:

There is no option to delete the small pic previously added. Options for edit only appear top be:

replace, crop, or text contrast.

How do I get rid of the image please?

KarlMuller
    Community Member

Hi Sarah,

There does not appear to be an option to delete the Cover cover page image.

sarahhood-ced95
      Community Member

Had that very bad feeling myself - thank you so much for replying.

Sarah Hood | e-Learning Design | Content Management
      Goodfellow Unit
      Department of General Practice and Primary Health Care | School of Population Health
      The University of Auckland | Grafton Campus | Bldg 507 room 3002
      22-30 Park Ave, Grafton, Auckland, 1023
      Phone 09 923 7998 | Mob 027 5488979
      www.goodfellowunit.org

MarvieYap-Mulde
        Former Staff

Hi Sarah,

Just chiming in - while the cover image can only be replaced and not removed, you can pick a cover layout that doesn't use an image. 

Cheers!
        Marvie

KarlMuller
      Community Member

Hi Sarah,

That image helps a lot.

What appears in this area (image/color/pattern) is under you control, and there are several options for you to explore.

The settings are in the THEMES tab under Navigation.

The available options are also determined by the Theme you have selected (Rise/Apex/Horizon).

• Understood your email, thanks Karl. l've created around 80 courses in Rise, so get the whole 'Themes' thing. They are great arent they, except not having a remove option on Cover Image pic edit.

My issue was when editing someone else's work, I could change the layout to get the solid color header instead of a pic (yay), but the Course Image pic would NOT change to the solid blue (as shown in first attachment) and as there is no 'remove' button on the edit options for "Course Image' pic, I came to the forum to seek help.

The second attachment shows the Course Image pic after I had recreated the entire course just to get the blue in top LHS.

KarlMuller
      Community Member

Hi Sarah,

Please note that it's not necessary to recreate a course just to resolve this issue.

If you don't want to display the thumbnail of the Course image above the sidebar and use a solid color instead, simply choose a THEME / Navigation option that does not display the thumbnail.

sarahhood-ced95
        Community Member

I know that.

Go create a course using a pic in header.

Save it.

Export it.

Come back in and try and edit the master in Rise.

Good luck .

Sarah Hood | e-Learning Design | Content Management
        Goodfellow Unit
        Department of General Practice and Primary Health Care | School of Population Health
        The University of Auckland | Grafton Campus | Bldg 507 room 3002
        22-30 Park Ave, Grafton, Auckland, 1023
        Phone 09 923 7998 | Mob 027 5488979
        www.goodfellowunit.org

RISE1LIUNA
    Community Member

Hi, everyone. I'm having a related isssue. I can't seem to replace the cover image. This option is on the menu, but when I try to select "Replace image" nothing happens. It's a puzzle, because all other option on that dropdown are functioning, except Replace image. Help!?

Replace image

Replace from content library

Crop image

Overlay

Edit alt tag

P.S. Screenshot is not attaching here for some reason.

• Hi RISE1 LIUNA, 

Thanks for reaching out! Sorry to hear you've run into this snag. 

• What browser are you currently using? Do you notice a difference if you change browsers?
    • Do you experience this behavior if you try to replace the cover image in a private or incognito window? 

Looking forward to hearing from you! 

RISE1LIUNA
    Community Member

Thanks, Luciana! I was using Chrome. A colleague was able to fix this for me, but next time I'll try those suggestions. Much appreciated.

• Happy to help! Thanks for letting us know an update, RISE1 LIUNA. Glad things are working as expected on your end! 

I hope that you have a great weekend and happy developing!