Forum Discussion

LaurieRosenb278
Community Member
2 years ago

Creating a custom default player

Is there a way to set your own "default" Storyline player, similar to how slide templates work? Every time I create a new project, I have to adjust the player to our company standards. It'd be nice to have a template player to pick ... or to be able to save the player the way I want it so it generates for each new project. 

JrmeBourgoin
      Community Member

Hi,
      Yes, we can "save it"
      But how to put it as Default player ?
      We produce lots of Storyline production... It would be faster if the "Current player" was always our player !!!

JudyNollet
        Super Hero

As far as I know, a custom player has to be imported each time you create a new Storyline project. 

That's why I save a "set up" file for custom players that will be reused. It has the player set, and it also contains any other repeated elements. I open the set-up file, then "Save as" to create an actual course. 

• Or you can just create your own player with custom buttons on screen and use it as a template for all courses and just ignore the built in player functionality by hiding it. That is what we do. 

JrmeBourgoin
      Community Member

...you can't ignore the built in player, it's there by default.

We want the ability to put our custom player by default !

KarlisSprogis-d
        Community Member

We have been ignoring the built in player for about 10 years now :) not saying it is a bad player, but we like building custom navigation.