Forum Discussion

SonjaGoodwin
Community Member
8 months ago

Creating variable questions that can prompts in different scene.

In Storyline 3, can you create a slide that requires the learner to enter their previous response from an earlier slide with a variable and condition?

Please see my trigger screenshot for how I'm trying to configure.

• Hi Sonja,

Happy to help!

Here's a sample project file that requires learners to enter a color on the first slide, and then have this color verified in the second slide using a combination of triggers and variable conditions. 

Let me know if you have any questions!

Also, I wanted to invite you to our tips and tricks webinars. Once each month at 11am ET, our training team hops on a live call to answer top questions from our customers.

It's super casual (and they're super smart!), so it's a great place to get expert tips and answers to frequently asked questions from our online community. In short, everything you need to create incredible online learning! You can register for the next call here: https://articulate.fyi/3ZiKgu9

And don't worry if you can't make it, because everyone who registers will get a recording sent to them afterwards! There's also a huge list of on-demand past trainings available.

Hope to see you there!

SonjaGoodwin
    Community Member

Thank you so much! This works perfect. I look forward to joining the tips and tricks webinars!

• I'm so glad that my colleague Jose was able to help you, Sonja! 

Hope you enjoy the upcoming webinars! Such a great place to learn and develop your skills in Storyline 360 with our talented Training Team. 

Have a great start to your Tuesday!