Forum Discussion

GregSevcik-27cc
Community Member
5 years ago

Editing Default "Next Lesson" Footer in Rise

Hello,

I am currently working on a course, part of which includes laying out "7 steps" our employees need to take at work. Each of these "7 Steps" has it's own associated lesson.

The problem is that the "Next Lesson" footer button that appears at the bottom of each lesson, includes a number in it, which can be confusing for the learner. So what I end up with are footer buttons at the end of each lesson that say:

Lesson 6 - Step 1

Lesson 7 - Step 2

Lesson 8 - Step 3

ETC.

Is there a way to customize the footer button at the bottom of each lesson to EXCLUDE the preface of "Lesson #", and only include the name of the Lesson itself? I know I can turn off these footers and just create a custom button at the bottom of each lesson, but I prefer not to do so.

I have attached a screenshot for reference. 

Thanks.

KarlMuller
    Community Member

You can edit the label set and change Lesson to something else or completely delete it.

However, you are always stuck with the number.

This is my #1 complaint about Rise.

IzzySDERA
      Community Member

How do you delete the 'next lesson' footer? I want to be able to fully scroll down lessons without a Continue Button or Next Lesson Footer.

KarlMuller
        Community Member

Hi Izzy,

You cannot scroll from one Lesson to another.

To navigate between Lessons you need to enable the sidebar menu and / or the Previous & Next Buttons that appear at the top and bottom of every Lesson.

You can enable / disable the sidebar menu and the Previous & Next Buttons by following this path:

Course / Settings / Navigation 

JeffForrer
    Community Member

I second this for a feature request. 

Right now I have a client where we have 17 modules or microlearnings with 3 sections each.  The auto numbering at the end of each does not make sense here as we do not want these to be numbered sequentially all the way through the full course, as we want to start over for each microlearning.  We can shut off the prev/next buttons, but then they only have the left nav menu for navigation and that defeats the purpose of the slick inituitive navigation built-in to Rise.

Same goes for numbered dividers ;0), would be nice to reset when you want so you can use multiple sets in a lesson.

Thanks

• I would like to add a vote to be able to customize the look and feel as the grey background is difficult with accessibility. 

• I want to vote for that topic, too! Since the numbers in the Next Buttons don't make any sense in our case, we had to insert "Continue"-Buttons in every singe chapter manually. To  be able to edit or delete the default number in the "Previous/Next-Button" would be a huge improvement for us.

jotaese
    Community Member

Hello, this option doesnt exist anymore in the new version of rise360, right? is there any alternative?

AngeloCruz
      Staff

Hello Jose! Can you clarify which option you are referring to?

Are you looking for an alternative to adding a next lesson footer in Rise 360 or the navigation buttons? Feel free to attach screenshots of the option that you are looking for an alternative to.

KarlMuller
      Community Member

Hi Jose,

The settings are still available but have moved to:

Course / THEME / Navigation / Buttons