Forum Discussion

JeroenVerhoeckx
Community Member
6 months ago

How can I add an image from the Media Library in a picture placeholder?

Helllo Articulate developers,

How can I add an image from the Media Library in a picture placeholder? I don't see an icon for that.

- Verhoeckx

• Hello Everyone! 

I'm happy to share that we have released a new update for Storyline 360 (Build 3.89.32618.0).

In this update, we have an enhancement where:

• The image placeholder on slide and feedback layouts now lets you insert an image from the media library.

As a first stepI recommend updating Storyline 360 to the latest version. Here's how:

Update Authoring Apps

If you have any questions, please let us know in this thread or privately in a support case.

Have a great day! 

• Hello Everyone! 

I'm happy to share that we have released a new update for Storyline 360 (Build 3.89.32618.0).

In this update, we have an enhancement where:

• The image placeholder on slide and feedback layouts now lets you insert an image from the media library.

As a first stepI recommend updating Storyline 360 to the latest version. Here's how:

Update Authoring Apps

If you have any questions, please let us know in this thread or privately in a support case.

Have a great day! 

• Hi Jeroen, you are right. This looks like quite an oversight.

If you do add the same image again (from the same location, same filename etc) it will not create a duplicate in the library and will recognise the asset already exists.

• When I add a content placeholder to a layout, and go to the slide view, I see the placeholder has six icons, but it doesn't have an icon for adding an image from the Media Library. Adding an image from the Media Library to a content placeholder is not possible?

To be sure: I mean the Media Library not the Content Library.

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Jeroen!

Thanks for sharing the additional details! Happy to help with this!

Currently, inserting content from the Media Library inside of a placeholder is not possible in Storyline 360. However, we are tracking interest with a feature request! I've linked this discussion to the feature report and will update this discussion if it makes it onto our Feature Roadmap.

In the meantime, as a workaround, we suggest:

• Inserting images directly onto the slide
      • Inserting images into a shape

Have a great rest of your week!

• Hello Steven,

Thanks for your reply!

I think it's important to have this feature, because not having this feature negates the function of having the Media Library in the first place.

Can I find the feature request somewhere?

Have a great day!

• So happy to hear you're excited about this new release, Jeroen! 

Feel free to share any discoveries or questions with us in the community in the future. 

Have a great weekend!