Forum Discussion

Spencer
Community Member
23 days ago

Posts being deleted?

I just made a post about a bug in Storyline 360 that I had been consistently encountering, which I can repeatedly trigger in the project I am working on, and can also easily recreate in a new project altogether. I planned on following up with support, but wanted to see if anyone had any other short-term workarounds or experience with the issue.

The post itself was rather lengthy, shared a lot of details and specifics, included a video in the post, whole nine yards. Then I click to post, and see my live post:

https://community.articulate.com/discussions/discuss/bug-storyline-inputting-random-values-in-fields/1197024

You can see it there; "Bug: Storyline Inputting Random Values in Fields". I examined my live post, verified the link worked, and looked at the tags feature. However, when going back to it, I got hit with an "Access Denied" page:

This message cannot be found

Let's get you back on track

Go to community home

All my other posts work fine, and I just posted something without issue on the Request side of the forum. So, why did my post about a Storyline 360 bug disappear? The post clearly exists, but I was given no context as to why it was deleted or removed.

• Best guess: There was something in the post that the system saw as a possible violation of site standards.

In the previous community site, that sort of post was greyed out and marked as "Reported." But it was still visible. It would be "released" if the staff person who reviewed it realized that the post was acceptable. If it was unacceptable, it was deleted.

I can't say for sure, but the new site might move flagged posts to an area that's only accessible by staff. If that's the case, it should reappear after it's been reviewed by a human.