Forum Discussion

NatalieMak
Community Member
2 years ago

Sharing Final Storyline Project

Hi,

I am doing freelance work. I just finished my storyline project. How do I share this with the company? I want them to have full control of the project. Meaning if something breaks they are able to fix or edit themselves.  I also, want to give them the building files in case in 3 years, I am not around and they can give the files to someone else to build so they do not have to build from the ground up.  My goal is in 3 years to delete their work from my computer.  If you have a video that is even more helpful!

Thank you,

NatMak

• I suggest you ask how they'd prefer to receive the files. They may have a Microsoft Teams, Dropbox, or similar site they could give you access to for the transfer. Or you could set up your own such site. Or you could even send a flash drive with copies of the files. 

NatalieMak
    Community Member

Hi, They have a dropbox.

How do I share files there? 

Thank you

NatalieMak
    Community Member

Hi sorry, I should have said, in Articulate how to share a file to Dropbox. Do I just save the story file to my desktop? Or do I go to the publish button in Articulate? Sorry, I am a novice at sharing. 

JoseTansengco
      Staff

No worries at all! Yes you are correct. You'll need to manually upload your .story project files to your Dropbox account and share the download link to your colleagues to make them available. Please note that if you are planning on making any changes to the files in the Dropbox account, you'll need to manually download the first to your computer first, make the edits, and then re-upload the new version back to Dropbox. 

• Use file explorer (Windows E) to upload the .story file and all the building files to Dropbox. Also, they probably want you to publish, and upload the published folder and all its contents, too.