Forum Discussion

MariaLiwai
Community Member
2 years ago

Trigger behaving differently after initial click

I'm running into an issue where clicking a button will take the learner to the correct slide (as it's programmed into the trigger), but once that slide has been viewed and the learner is taken back to the "menu" slide, clicking the button takes the learner to a different slide. I can't figure out how to fix this issue. I checked the trigger as well as the "when visiting" setting (all 3 settings - automatically decide, resume saved state, reset to initial state - behave the same regarding this issue).

It's behaving this way through both Storyline Preview and Review 360.

Has anyone else run into an issue like this? Does anyone have any troubleshooting ideas for me?

Thanks,
Maria

MariaLiwai
    Community Member

Never mind! Please disregard! I figured it out. :)

In case anyone else runs into this issue - I used "buttons" instead of just shapes. Buttons have their own special properties. I removed the buttons and replaced them with shapes that look exactly like the buttons. The trigger is behaving as it should now.

• Hi Maria, and welcome to the E-Learning Heroes Community! So glad you're here! 🥳

Thanks for sharing your workaround in this thread. I'm sure it'll be helpful for others that come across your post. Feel free to share discoveries and questions in the future within the community!

Have a great start to your week, and happy developing!