Inconsistent line spacing in Rise table

Aug 05, 2022

So I have tried copying and pasting directly and as plain text, changing the spacing in a word document, and retyping. All the cells are consistent except this last one, and I have no idea how to fix it. I have attached the image. Any thoughts?

12 Replies
Angelo Cruz

Hi Emily! I'm sorry to hear that you are seeing different line spacing for your texts.

I tried it from my end and I wasn't able to replicate the issue. Here's a screenshot of the table in edit mode and during course preview.

Are you seeing the issue during edit mode or when viewing the published output? Is that a cutom font you are using? Can you also tell me what browser (and it's version) you are using to author your Rise course? 

Emily Wood
Angelo Cruz

Hi Emily! I'm sorry to hear that you are seeing different line spacing for your texts.

I tried it from my end and I wasn't able to replicate the issue. Here's a screenshot of the table in edit mode and during course preview.

Are you seeing the issue during edit mode or when viewing the published output? Is that a cutom font you are using? Can you also tell me what browser (and it's version) you are using to author your Rise course? 

Hi Angelo,

It replicates in edit, preview, and Articulate Review. I haven't published it to my LMS yet. No, I'm using the recommended font "Be Vietnam".

Microsoft Edge: 116.0.1938.81 (Official build) (64-bit)

Angelo Cruz

Thanks for sharing your course, Emily!

I was able to replicate the issue when copying the contents of the course from the output you shared. The issue appears to be specific only when copying and pasting text from an external source.

A possible workaround at the moment would be to encode the text manually in your Rise course. Here's a copy of the course you shared that I recreated:

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/f7aee0ab-dde3-445a-b447-376d59f73ed6/review

We're currently tracking requests for the ability to control or adjust line spacing in within (all) text blocks in Rise. This feature should allow you to change the line/paragraph spacing of pasted text from an external source. I'll add you to the list so that you'll get notified of any updates.