Multi-column Designs

Mar 28, 2017

Right now Rise is a single column design tool where you add new blocks directly below existing content to form a single column of blocks. Are there plans to allow double or triple column designs so you can have side-by-side (multiple column) elements in landscape that rearrange to single column in portrait on a phone?

I think the design interface would show the + marks both below and to the right of existing content so you could build out either way. Just a thought.

36 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Christa! 

You can use PowerPoint (or any image editing tool) to position two images side-by-side before importing them into a Rise 360 labeled graphic block. Here's how:

• Open PowerPoint.
  • Insert the first image on the left side of the PowerPoint slide. Scale up the image until it fills the height of the slide. 
  • Insert the second image on the right side of the PowerPoint slide. Scale up the image until it fills the height of the slide.
  • Save the PPT file as a PNG image.
  • Upload the image to the labeled graphic block.

After following those steps, it will look like you have two columns for a labeled graphic block! 

Sarah James

Hi,

Thanks heaps for getting back to me, I really appreciate it.

We have created a course on Rise and after you click the 'start here'
button and get to the index page we have used a button stack feature to
create the index content. However, the person I've built this for would
prefer to have the content as 2 columns, one with lessons, the other with
vocabulary builder. Currently, they are stacked one on top of the other,
i attached a screenshot to help you see the issue..

Is there any way I can edit this page to put lessons in the left column and
vocab builders on the right or is there no way around it?

Many thanks in advance,

Sarah

Sarah James

Thanks heaps Chris - I really appreciate you pointing that out - today has been so busy I didn't pay close enough attention when i posted. I was trying to juggle too much at the same time! Also, our helpdesk ticketing system allows you to paste an image in when you can reply by email so perhaps also bcoz of that, I didn't think too hard!!

Appreciate the help everyone - it's so good having forums to communicate with and see what others think/advise...

Have a great day everyone and talk soon