Forum Discussion

HeatherVogt-d32
Community Member
3 days ago

Have two names for PDF docs in Rise - backend vs frontend

Hello! I wasn't sure what to search to see if this was already suggested by other members of the community. Sorry if it was!

Anywho, is it possible to have two names for PDF docs in Rise? As in, is it possible to not have your file's name listed in Rise when you upload a doc using the Multimedia block? 

For example, when I'm translating content from English to Japanese in Rise and need to include a Japanese job aid, it would be nice to keep the file name in English but provide a custom name for users to see in Rise - "Accessing the SharePoint library" is the name of the job aid in my files and I upload it to Rise; however, I can translate that to Japanese on the external, user-facing side so Japanese users see the name in Japanese. 

As an English-speaker this would really help me when it comes time to update or replace. I can also see this being helpful when you need to update different versions - users see "Accessing the SharePoint library" but, on the backend, I see "Accessing the SharePoint library v3". 

Thanks!

No RepliesBe the first to reply