LMS Reporting

Mar 28, 2012

I posted this in a previous string and got no response; so thought I'd open a new one here.

We use several LMS, but in one of them (Coggno), the Learner Report shows:

Time Spent: "01:02"
Complete: "passed"

The data that was received by their server from SCORM says:

+------------------------------------------------------------------+------------------------+
| xml | domain |
+------------------------------------------------------------------+------------------------+
| passed | cmi.core.lesson_status |
| viewed=1,2,3,4,5,6,7|lastviewedslide=7|6#1##,7,7,7,7,7,7,11###-1 | cmi.suspend_data |
| suspend | cmi.core.exit |
| 01:02:58.66 | cmi.core.total_time |

What I am trying to figure out is how the LMS is reading the time spent in the SCORM. Is the designation "01:02:58.66" one hour, 2mins, 58secs, etc? This particular LMS said to contact our content authoring tool, which is Articulate Presenter for what this time indicates in the SCORM files.

Also, the LMS will accept all four of the SCORM options as listed previously in this post, but I'm not sure what scenario would fit our organization the best. We do not embed Quizzes into the presentations (we have homework deliverables). So we need SCORM to tell us if a learner watched the lesson in its entirety.....or at least did not just skip through the slides to reach the end. I was trying to asses that by looking at the time spent and the complete designation. Would "passed" show up if they completed the last slide?

1 Reply
Mohammad  Hassam

Dear Richel, 

I am sorry I haven't read your previous post but still, what I understood that your company needs tracking on each unit of LMS, obviously it can't be done by SCORM.

What LMS are you using? because there are lots of LMSs available in the market where you can apply conditions in your course administration for instance; user can't go on to next unit until he Marked it as Completed. Try this.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.