Video

Nov 04, 2013

With 2013, I was able to put in videos...however, when I preview...I can't see them...what's up with that?

Thx,

Michele

4 Replies
Tina Rice

I am having the same problem! I am following the directions on this page line-by-line (http://community.articulate.com/tutorials/products/adding-a-video-from-a-file.aspx), but after exporting and viewing it on the server, there is no video! 

I have even used Articulate Replay to get the video into the M4V format! MAYDAY!!

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Michele, 

Depending on how you've inserted the videos, you may need to test the published output within the intended environment instead of testing locally or viewing the Preview version. 

Tina, are you recording your videos in Replay? I'm unclear as to what you mean by "exporting and viewing it on the server"? 

If you'd like us to take a look at what is happening with your specific files, please feel free to create a Presenter package and send along to us here. 

Peb Thomas

I am having the same problem I think.

I have inserted a YouTube video (using the embed code as set out in the instructions), and in the slide itself it appears as a plain grey box with the word Video in the middle. 

This didn't concern me at all........... but when I published to Web and go to that slide it is completely empty.

I can't think what I might have missed as this looked so simple to do!

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Peb! I just tested and was able to insert from web by embedding a YouTube video as well as add from file and I am not seeing any issues. 

To reiterate what Ashley shared above, please be sure that you are not viewing locally once you publish to the Web and that you are viewing the content as your learner would.

If you'd like us to take a look at what is happening with your specific files, please feel free to create a Presenter package and send along to us here. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.