360 images not working on Windows Touch devices

Sep 01, 2023

We have recently built modules using the 360 degree images feature in Storyline 360. These work as expected on Desktops and on mobile devices using the responsive player, however not on the device the content was desinged for.

These devices are Panasonic FZ-G1s,  which are Windows 10 touch devices. I understand there were issues with compatibilty in the past with these kind of hybrid touch devices, but was under the impression these had been patched out over the past few years.

Specifically, it is just the 360 images that are causing issues, meaning you are simply unable to register any kind of input, whether that's a tap or drag to move around the image. Drag and drop, etc. interactions seem to be working ok.

We are exploring whether it is possible to 'brute force' storyline to launch in the mobile responsive player as this remedies the issue, but so far cannot see a way to do this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

6 Replies
Eric Santos

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for reporting this in a support case as well! I see you're working with Chester, and unfortunately, what you've seen has been logged as a possible product bug observed on touch-enabled computers and Wacom pen tablets.

Please feel free to reply to the support email if you have questions about the issue.

Jose Tansengco

Hi Ben,

Sorry to hear that you ran into this issue. We're still working on fixing the the bug discussed here but we'll be sure to leave a message as soon as a fix is released. 

The workaround that we've identified is to use either a pen or trackpad/mouse to move the 360° image in your course. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Wesley Adams

Any updates on this? It'd be great to have touch inputs done natively. We have a work around but it's pretty cumbersome to apply and needs setup again once you close the browser or restart you computer. 

@Ben, if you look at this forum post, you can see how folks turned on Mobile Touch Inputs via a web browser's Dev Tools here:
https://community.articulate.com/discussions/articulate-storyline/touch-screen-interface-on-360-content

I was successful in Chrome.