Ability to translate in the Articulate 360 products

Jun 07, 2017

The elearning we create is for a world-wide audience and therefore needs to to be translated into multiple languages. I am currently using Storyline 2 to create the majority of our elearning files and we are happy with translation capability of the software. We'd like to upgrade to Articulate 360, but need to have the translation capability. What products in the suite have translation capability aside from Storyline 360?

Thanks,
Sara

11 Replies
Will Brown

Hi Sara,

Even though Rise doesn't support translation yet, overall the 360 suite has very robust localization features, akin to earlier versions of Storyline with a few improvements/tweaks. The added SRT capabilities allows for subtitling, which is of course a very cost-effective way to translate. For more complex projects that require full localization (captions text, narration, graphics, video, etc), the Review feature is great for quality assurance and bug resolution (we wrote a blog post about it here.)

Hope this helps. If you need anything else, I'm available at 818-592-0056 x227 and will@jbistudios.com from 9 am to 5:30 pm PST. (I'm at JBI Studios, a full-service audio, video & e-Learning translation studio specializing in localization & multilingual multimedia.)

Will Brown
Multimedia Director
JBI Studios
21434 Wyandotte Street, Los Angeles CA 91303
www.jbistudios.com

Sara Lulloff

Hi Will,

Thank you so much for the insight and ideas. I never thought of using Review for localization reviews; what a great way to go about it. That is something we really struggle with, especially with Storyline projects. This may be a game changer. 

Would you mind telling me a little bit more about how use the SRT capabilities? Are you using actual srt files within Storyline and/or the 360 suite?

Thank you,
Sara

Will Brown

You're very welcome Sara!

Glad that you're excited about Review too -- we're liking it so far.

Re the SRT -- we did a post on that too, it's here.  You create them using a professional service (which we do in-house -- professional captioning & subtitling is one of our core businesses), and then implement them in the Storyline interface. We've had good results so far, though I want to see how well they do with timelines that have multiple short audio segments, for example, or interactions with triggered audio. Language support seems perfect so far too (though it's Unicode so I'd expect no less).

What kind of courses do you create? What languages do you localize into?

Of course, if there's anything we can do to help your localization processes, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Best regards,
Will

​Will Brown
Multimedia Director
JBI Studios
21434 Wyandotte Street, Los Angeles CA 91303
www.jbistudios.com

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.