Accessibility issues

May 13, 2021

Hello, 

We are having major issues with testing our courses on accessibility. We are using the screen reader Jaws and it will not read any of the text on the screen, in our storyline  360 made courses or rise courses.

Is there an expert way to do this? it will not read any text. Only random images and buttons. I have tried using the focus order and added all alternative text and turned on accessibility. 

I have read dozens of links and studies on this website. Desperately after some help. Is there anyone I can hire to work on this for me? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

1 Reply
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Amy,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing what you are experiencing with your published course when using JAWS.

You mention that it's only navigating random images and buttons, which is the expected behavior if you're navigating using Tab:

• Use Tab and Shift+Tab to jump from one interactive object to another, skipping text and images.

Learners use their screen reader navigation keys (e.g., Down and Up arrows) to move through all text and interactive objects on the slide, listening to each item along the way.

Here's some documentation on what to expect:

Storyline 360: Slide Content Is More Accessible