Can Articulate 360 be used without access to the C: drive?

Jan 13, 2020

Our organisation is about to roll out workstations where the users do not have permission to access the local C: drive.

We are fully aware that Articulate recommends that Articulate 360 development takes place using the local C: drive.

Are you able to suggest how we can continue to use Articulate 360, given this scenario??

Thanks!!

1 Reply
Katie Riggio

Hi there, Dale. Thank you for walking us through your scenario!

We recommend to install, save, and publish on a local hard drive since working on a shared drive can cause erratic behavior—such as file corruption, an inability to save changes, and a loss of project resources.

I have heard folks work from a network drive without any issues, but we do not recommend this since it can cause those erratic issues due to latency. If going this route, be sure to save a backup file in another location and follow these tips to mitigate the risk.

With Articulate 360, you also have access to Rise 360: an online authoring tool where you can create fully responsive courses right in your web browser. That way, there's no need to save work to a drive. 

If there's anything else I can answer. I'm happy to help!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.