Can I change the text color in Modern player in Storyline 360?

Nov 13, 2018

Hello, 

I would like to change the text color to white or a brighter color in the modern player. I like the look and feel, but the text is gray and hard to see on the dark background. I could use the light, but I prefer the dark theme for this module. 

I can update the font and size, but I don't see any options to update the color. 

34 Replies
Steve Blackwell

I am surprised that Articulate are unwilling to move on this issue.  Changing the Background colour is not the solution to offer when an organisation wants the player to be in the organisation's chosen brand colour.

What I find quite bizarre, is that when I have moved from SL3 to SL360 and changed our player to Modern, some of the tabs are indeed white and not grey (please see attachment).  This suggests either a bug or a conversion oversight.

Please don't "fix" this by making them all grey!

I think everyone just wants to have a player where they can decide the appropriate colours as opposed to it being locked down.

Sometimes, what seems to developers to be a minor issue and not worthy of work actually is a key UI/UX issue which is frustratingly ignored.

Thanks for listening.