Can't Delete...Anything in Storyline 360.

Jan 12, 2021

I'm having the strangest issue with Storyline 360. I can't delete anything. I place audio, image, text etc. on the timeline and if I change my mind, I can't delete any media on my timeline once it's there. I can hide it or undo it. But that doesn't help when I'm several steps removed from the undo function and just need to delete objects. 

5 Replies
Katie Riggio

Hello Danielle,

Thanks for reporting this. That behavior does sound strange and is a great troubleshooting opportunity for our Support team

If this is happening in any project file, I see that Cleo recommended these next steps:

Let us know how you go!

Eric Santos

Hi Andy,

Welcome to the E-Learning Heroes Community! 🎉

Great idea opening a chat case as well! I see you've connected with my teammate, Darrell, and I'm glad that you were able to delete objects in Storyline using the fn+delete keystroke combination on your Mac.

Feel free to reach out to us again if you run into other issues. We're happy to help!

Jose Tansengco

Hi Sea, 

Sorry to hear that you ran into a similar issue.

Since this behavior isn't normal, try repairing your Storyline 360 installation to fix it. You'll also want to ensure you're working locally when making edits to your course to rule out network-related issues as being the cause. If repairing doesn't work for you, please open a case with our support team here so we can take a look at what's preventing you from deleting objects.