Drag and Drop

Mar 04, 2024

I have created a presentation with Drag and Drop and im finished but am not sure why my presentation will not go to the next slide once the drag and drop has been done.  I received this error message.  My triggers are set not sure what I have done wrong

5 Replies
Judy Nollet

That message appears when a slide is set to open (that is, jump to or lightbox) another slide that hasn't been included in the Preview. For example:

• If you Preview "This Slide," the program can't jump to any other slide.
  • If you Preview "This Scene," the program can't jump to any slide in another scene.
  • If you Preview "Selected Slides," the program can't jump to any slide that wasn't selected.

The solution: be sure to include all the necessary slides when Previewing.

Judy Nollet

Verify that the trigger indicates where to jump. And verify that you're previewing the entire project. 

If you still encounter the problem, then your file may be corrupted. You can submit a case to the Articulate staff here: Contact Support for Help with Any Articulate E-Learning Course Development Software 

Judy Nollet
Elizabeth Hollman

...  I was able to insert a trigger that moved on to the next slide when the time was completed but it actually does it before the last item is dropped and I can't figure out how to fix it. 

If there's a trigger to move to the next slide when the timeline ends, it will move to the next slide when the timeline ends--even if the user hasn't finished whatever interaction is on the slide. Unless there's a trigger to pause the timeline, it doesn't wait for someone to perform an action.