Exit trigger doesn't work

Dec 27, 2016

Hey Kids--

I have a screen at the end of each section of my course that allows the user to exit the course by clicking a button. I have a trigger to do just that, but it doesn't work.; in fact, nothing happens. A screen shot of the trigger is attached.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks--Dale Osborn

4 Replies
Dale Osborrn

Alyssa-

Thanks for the link to the article. I did two things the article suggested: set the player to open the course in its own window, and ran the course from server instead of my machine. Neither one worked. At least from the server it gave me a message stating that exiting is not allowed by the browser. I'm not going to do the code altering steps the article mentioned-code is not my strong suit.

What I'll probably do is simply delete the Exit button and just leave the Return to Main Menu button. Anyone should know they can exit the course just by manually closing the browser.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Dale Osborn
Training Developer II
Research Administration Project
Michigan State University
4700 S. Hagadorn Road, Suite 100
East Lansing, MI 48823
Ph. 517-353-3121 ext. 555

[MSU helmet]

Alyssa Gomez

Thanks for popping back in with an update, Dale. If you'd like someone to take a look at your file, you're always welcome to share it with our Support Engineers here. They're available 24/7 and will work with you one on one to investigate further. Otherwise, best of luck on the rest of your project, and be sure to reach out if you encounter any snags along the way!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.