Font Question

May 26, 2020

I can't find any recent info on this...  Is it possible to embed a font in Storyline (much like in Powerpoint)?  I have a client with very specific brand standards that include some off the beaten path OpenType fonts that get garbled in 360 review mode if the reviewer doesn't have them installed.   I am certain that 99.9% of this client's users will not have them installed either - so I need to make sure the published file will be OK.

4 Replies
Vincent Scoma

Hi Kate,

Thank you for reaching out! 

Fonts can be implemented similarly to how it would be in MS Word or PowerPoint. You'll just want to be sure that the font is downloaded and installed onto your computer for Storyline to take advantage of it. 

In regards to the output for Learners, we use web fonts (WOFF files) in published courses. This is to ensure that the text looks exactly the way you designed it and remains sharp when it’s scaled up or down. Web fonts allow us to control every glyph and character so text looks the same in all browsers, giving learners the best experience on every device.

If a learner is coming across an issue with how their font appears, then this guide discusses some considerations for the published output: 

Please let us know if you have any questions!

Ren Gomez

Hi Walt,

Thanks for reaching out! Your custom font should be embedded in the project when you publish your course. Your learners will just have to check that their browsers allow for font downloads to ensure they see it correctly.

Sometimes learners run into issues, and the article that Vincent shared above covers some steps that can be taken if that's the case.

Do you have any end-users that are running into this scenario?

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.