Modifying the printed result report in Storyline 360

Dec 22, 2016

I was wondering if there is an easy way to modify the quiz printed result report in Storyline 360?

42 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi all,

Great news! Articulate 360 Update 4  was just released, and included a number of fixes which you can see in the release notes available here.  The item you all may be particularly interested in is how it fixed an issue where HTML5 output wouldn't display a custom report.html file for printed quiz results.

Just launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for Storyline 360. Details here.

Let us know if you have any questions, either here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.

Philip Deer

I came across this thread while in search of an answer to my question,
- Is it possible to only print the results while leaving out the question by question breakdown in SL? I was able to do this in Quizmaker, but need this also here in SL.
- If so, how do I set this up? (Just a heads up, I have no coding skills).

Thanks in advance!

Crystal Horn

Hey there, Philip!  😊 Storyline will always show the question and answer details in the Print Results report.html file.  You can modify that file, but alas, I can relate to the lack of coding skills, and I don't want you to break your printed results.

Here's what I can do for you in the meantime - I'll get this feature requested with our team so we can investigate the potential for the same flexibility in Storyline!

Philip Deer

Thank you, Crystal.

In the meantime, I have had to remove the print results buttons. This is unfortunate because this would allow users to save their results showing they passed to make it easier for their managers. We can still get the results but will need to pull a session SCORM report everytime a manager needs one.

Let me know if a fix is released or if there is a non-coding related workaround.

Crystal Horn

Thanks so much, Russell!  Philip, when you click here, can you see the discussion?  Are you signed into E-Learning Heroes?  I want to make sure you're fully functional so you can get all the benefits of the community.

The report.html can be opened with a text editor, like Notepad.  If you click it in File Explorer and then right click it, you should have the Open with > option.  I believe Russell is suggesting that you replace the one you have in your published output files with the one he's attached.

If you can't download his attachment from E-Learning Heroes, try this link instead.

Kevin Freeborn

It would be really helpful.  Sometimes it doesn't matter but other times we don't really want the learner to be sharing the questions and answers with other people.

So just like there is a 'select all that apply, checkbox to prompt for the learner's name, the trigger could have checkboxes to include; questions, learner's answers; and correct answers.