Office 365 Annual Subscription and Storyline

Jul 15, 2018

Hi,

I'm new to Storyline and I'm using the trial and really loving it. The one thing I'm trying to figure out is if my annual subscription for Microsoft Office (I downloaded it and pay an annual fee and have all the desktop apps) is not compatible with Storyline? When I tried to upload my PPT practice files for one of the tutorials I kept getting an error message. I read through the discussion boards and it seems that if you have a click to run version  of Office, it's not compatible with Storyline. I'm not computer savvy at all, but is that what my Office 365 home subscription is? Hope someone can enlighten me.

Thank you!

KK

17 Replies
Kandice Kidd

Hi Jeff. I'm using the Storyline 360 trial. I have PowerPoint 2016 via Office 365. I reinstalled it and it definitely is click to run. Does this matter?  I found this link on the site that says that click to run versions don't work. (https://articulate.com/support/article/Storyline-3-Failed-to-Import-PowerPoint-Presentation). 

KK

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Kandice, 

That article mentioned Click to run versions of Powerpoint 2010 - are you certain you're using Powerpoint 2016? If so, that's supported but you'll want to make sure that the Office 365 version you're using has a fully installed version of Powerpoint, not a cloud/web-based version. 

The Storyline 360 system requirements are outlined here, and just so you have it, here is the same article you linked to specific to Storyline 360. 

If you're still stuck after repairing both, let's have you work directly with our Support Engineers! 

Wendy Farmer

Hi Kandice

what error message are you getting when you try to import the ppt file.  I run the Office 365 subscription model and have all the applications loaded locally on my C:Drive. I've never had an issue importing a ppt file (except once when I had the ppt file open- once closed the import was successful).

Kandice Kidd

Honestly, I have no clue! The rep took over my computer, ran it, and said everything looked good. While still on the phone I asked him to open Storyline and voila! The PowerPoint from the practice file imported.  I'm so excited to get to work on the rest of the tutorials. I was obsessed with figuring this out. 

Thank you to everyone for your help!

Kandice

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.