Question Banks

Oct 15, 2013

I would like to create a quiz that draws questions at random by learning objective.  In QuizMaker, one could name each group as a learning objective, specify the number of questions to be drawn from that group at random.  You ended up with one quiz that picks the specified number of questions, at random, from each learning objective's poo of questionsl. 

In Storyline, how do you produce one quiz made up of questions picked at random from each learning objective?  Each "bank" appears to generate a separate quiz.

6 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Walter and welcome to Heroes!

I'm not sure I understand what you're describing about creating it as one quiz. Each question that you draw in from a question bank will appear on it's own slide (and scene depending on how you draw them) and you'll be able to track them using the results slide as you'll see in this tutorial

Walter Ratcliff

Hello Ashley,

Thank you for pointing me to the tutorials. Let me explain what I’m trying to accomplish.

My course has 4 learning objectives. I’ve created 10 quiz questions – 2 or 3 questions per learning objective. Each quiz should have 5 questions. I want each quiz to draw items randomly from each learning objective. For example, the quiz should draw 1 of 2 questions for objective 1; 2 of 3 questions for objective 2 and 2 of 3 questions for objective 3.

I understand how I can set up two question banks and define a second quiz that displays when a participant fails the first quiz. I do not understand how Storyline can be set up to generate a randomized draw when the participant takes a single quiz the second time.

Initially, it appeared that I could use “Question Banks” like “Groups” in QuizMaker. In QuizMaker I could name each group for a learning objective and instruct the software to pull a random 2 questions from each group. This is functionality available in Perception QuestionMark as well. But it appears that in Storyline, one quiz can pull only from one “Question Bank.” Am I missing something?

Thanks for your help in this.

Walter Ratcliff

Leslie McKerchie

Hello Jennifer and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

Thanks for reaching out and letting us know that you would like to create a similar quiz.

As previously mentioned, there is not a way to pull from different question banks into one quiz, but you can have multiple random question banks or have one master question bank to pull many questions from.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.