Quiz Results

Jul 06, 2020

Hello,

I am creating a course with five modules/sections, each with it's own quiz questions and quiz results page.  At the end of the course, I will have a final results page that combines the scores from the module results pages and determines pass/fail for the course. 

Not all learners need to complete all modules.  How can I get the final, combined results page to ignore the null scores for the optional modules and still combine the scores for the completed module quizzes?

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Lisa

2 Replies
Ned Whiteley

Hi Lisa,

Without seeing your Storyline file, it's a bit difficult to determine how you have set up your course. However, I am going to take a big punt here, which may of course be way off the mark, but either way may give you some ideas.

I am going to assume that when your learners start the course they are given the option to select which modules they require through the selection of a button or image appropriate for their required "level" (e.g. Beginner / Medium / Advanced, or Sales / Marketing / Management etc) and that this then changes the value of a variable to reflect their selection and then uses this variable to direct them down a particular path. 

If this is the case, then that's great, because you can now use this variable to display the appropriate Results slide at the end of the course.

At the end of each quiz you will have individual Results slides, that only score the questions from their respective quiz. At the end of the course, you can have a series of Results slides, one for each group of users, that score all the questions from the various quizzes that they will have taken in the modules they were required to do. Which Result slide they see at the end of the course will be determined by the value of the variable that was set when they made their initial selection at the start of the course.

If this is way off the mark and doesn't really help you, are you able to post a copy of your Storyline file here as that would be a big help in solving your problem?

Lisa Pablos

Thank you, Ned.  At the start of the project there wasn't a requirement for a summative assessment, so I never thought to branch for each type of learner.  I just directed the learner to view the modules that apply and assessed at the end each modules.  I can see that I will be doing some rework in order to score the modules that the learner actually completes.

Thanks again for the insight.

Lisa

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.