Replacing audio files

Aug 16, 2018

Hi,

I want to replace one audio track file with another file. I do not see the change track option anywhere.

What is the correct procedure and menu item to use?

Currently I have to delete the file and add the new file, so I have to move the audio file in the time line to the correct sequence (I recorded separate audio files for each paragraph taking into account that later I may need to record some paragraphs again.

I'm using Storyline 3.

Thanks

7 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hello Varda,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing the details of what you are experiencing. Glad you were able to identify what you needed by the way :) Good searching skills!

• Are you replacing the audio by following the directions found here under Adding Audio?
  • What error message are you receiving?
  • Is this for any audio or just a particular audio file?

If you can consistently replicate the error and you'd like us to take a look, you are welcome to share your .story file of course.

Varda Cohen Lifshitz

Hi,
The error occurs when I try to replace the file with another file with the same name (I recorded the file again and saved it with the same name as the file I wanted to replace.

Saving the audio with a new name solved the issue.

However, I would like to see a feature that if you update and image or an audio file and save it with the same name as the file already in the timeline it will be automatically updated. Right now I see that I have to replace the files.

Thank you for your help.
Varda

This message has been scanned for malware by Kornit Mail Relay.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi David! Are you using Storyline 360? If so, the new Media Library feature is just what you need! 

It keeps track of images, characters, audio clips, and videos in your course, so you can easily add, remove, replace, reuse, and export them. You can also see every slide and layer where an asset is used and jump to each location instantly. 

Check it out, and let us know what you think!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.