SL 360 EMAIL LINK IN CHROME

Feb 02, 2017

I've put two email links on a demo page

1 - using the trigger to send email

2 - using the jump to url with mailto:testuser@gmail.com

IE works fine.  Chrome will also open my email client but it will also open a blank tab in the browser hiding the course.

Is this a Chrome bug or a SL 360 issue?

Sam

5 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi there Sam,

Thanks for reaching out! Check the New Browser Window Properties of the "Jump to URL/file" trigger, and be sure Display in current browser window is selected.

I tested both triggers in this published file, and I did not see a new tab open on either trigger. Would you mind testing it on your end and letting me know if you're seeing a new tab? Here's a Peek at what it looks like on my end in Chrome, and I got the same results in Firefox, Safari, IE, and Edge. 

Sam Carter

I'm running Chrome/Windows 7 and yes, it opens a new tab for both.

The "Jump to URL" behaves correctly when toggling the option, so it works well for mailto:email conditions. I learned something new!

The "Send Email" doesn't have this option so it may be something that developers should consider migrating to the "Jump to URL" approach.

Thank you for your assistance!

Sam

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Sam,

Glad to hear the Jump to URL/file option works well with the current browser option! I'm interested in why the "Send Email" trigger opens a new tab for you, but it does not for me. If you wouldn't mind recording a Peek of the behavior you're seeing on your end, that would help me determine the differences in our set-up. What version of Chrome are you using? 

Alyssa Gomez

Hmm, interesting. I also tested in Chrome (latest version) on my Windows 7 machine, and I didn't see a new tab there. Hopefully the "Jump to URL/file" trigger will work for your project since it seems to be behaving as expected in all browsers, and if you'd like our Support Engineers to investigate the "Send Email" trigger further, you're always welcome to reach out to them right here. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.