Storyline 2 HTML5 output vs. Storyline 360 HTML5 output.

Feb 23, 2017

Hi there,

I am wondering what "Superior HTML5 Output" means for Storyline 360 and how that differs from Storyline 2 HTML5 output. Is it just the responsive player? Is the user's experience improved in some other ways as well? I am looking for the specifics of what "Superior HTML5 Output" means. Thanks!

1 Reply
Leslie McKerchie

Hello Ross - I do not have a more technical explanation (as most of that is proprietary), but some of the items improved in HTML5 output and make it superior would be connected to:

• HTML5 only output
  • increased browser support
  • our responsive player
  • increased gesture support within HTML5 tablets

I do like Matthew's input as well, great from the user perspective.

Storyline's HTML5 output has been rewritten from the ground up, it is now accessible, performs well and looks just as good as the Flash output. This means that we can develop eLearning in the tool that we know and love and be confident that it will perform well the devices that our learners use.

The responsive player is a clever solution to a very real problem. I'm really happy that Articulate didn't go down the same pathway as Captivate - where the developer is expected to make multiple versions of the same course to have it work on mobile. No one's got time for that.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.