28 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Uh-oh, Janet! I can try and help you sort this out. I have a few questions to start:

• Is this the only file that is giving you trouble?
  • Is the file saved to your local hard drive?

This file does have quite a bit of media, so I can see how it may take a while to publish. However, I was able to successfully publish it for LMS with SCORM 1.2. The output file is attached here. 🙂

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Janet,

Did you copy the slides or follow the import process here? I'd suggest the latter, as I've heard of issues with users copying. 

Also, since Alyssa was able to publish it, I'd also want to make sure you're on the latest update  (Update 11) of Storyline 360 and meet at least the minimum requirements here.  Can you try publishing it again with only the Storyline application open and publishing it to the Local drive as well? 

Janet Guastavino

Hi, Ashley,
I copied it, because it crashed when I tried to import it. I also made sure
I was running the latest updates of Articulate. I was able to publish it
after copying it to another file, but not able to save it *and* safely
close it. At least I got it to publish. Do you know if Alyssa was able to
save and shut down Articulate without Articulate crashing? (I was not.)
Thanks!
-Janet

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Janet,

I just tried publishing your file again to see whether Storyline would crash, and I did have trouble closing the file after publishing it. I'm not sure why this could be happening, so I'd like our Support team to take a closer look. I'll share your file with the team, and they'll reach out via email as soon as they have more to share. 

Katie Riggio

So sorry you've come across this roadblock, Teo. We can help!

First, a few questions to get the basics out of the way:

• What version of Storyline 360 you're using? To check, click the Help tab, then click About Storyline.
  • Does Storyline keep shutting down with multiple projects or one in particular? If it's happening with multiple ones, a simple repair should help. If it's with just one, could you share the .story file with us, so that we can take a close look?
Shawna Gigs

This is happening to me right now. I’ve been working with storyline all morning and afternoon and it’s been fine. Then it started to crash and no matter what files I opened it crashes. I’ve restarted my computer uninstalled and reinstalled storyline 360 and still have the issue. I’m on a tight timeline and of course this is the worst possible time for it to crash. Anybody have any ideas why?

Leslie McKerchie

Hello Wei, and welcome to E-Learning Heroes. 😊

I appreciate you chiming in and sharing that you are experiencing crashing across project files. Are you working with local files, typically on your C: Drive?

Do you know what version of Storyline you're using? 

• You can check by going to Help > About Articulate Storyline

We are currently on Build 3.60.26947.0 of Storyline 360. You can read all of the details here.

If you are on the latest version, I'd recommend repairing your software.

Wei Wu

Hi Leslie,

Yes I'm current using the newest version. I think as you mentioned, I actually didn't have much of a crash when I was using a version from last yr. Just updated my SL several days ago. The diagnostics look all fine to be honest.

I will try uninstall it and see what it does. Will keep you posted 🙂 Thank you!

James Washok

Seems I'm not the only one running into this issue. Doesn't matter what file I am working with, the size, or what I'm actually doing with SL 360; it just crashes. Not always the same crash either. Sometimes, it will show the huge red X across the screen, sometimes it will pop up the crash message, other times, the storyboards all just go completely blank (white). While previewing, at times elements on the board will just vanish. There's no rhyme nor reason to the crashes and it happens about 3-12X a day. I've even looked at my system resources (as this is a work-supplied laptop) but it appears the machine is more than enough to handle SL 360. So...wondering what it up?  :)

Leslie McKerchie

Hello James, and welcome to E-Learning Heroes. 😊

I appreciate you chiming in to share what you are experiencing and the fact that it's happening across files.

Do you know what version of Storyline you're using? 

• You can check by going to Help > About Articulate Storyline

We are currently on Build 3.60.26947.0 of Storyline 360. If you're interested, please read all the details of our version history.

If you are: