Text To Speech

Jun 16, 2015

Am using Articulate Storyline2. I have been searching for TTS in articulate and came through this site responsivevoice.com where a detailed description of responsive voice for articulate is provided by providing a demo. I followed the instructions but no luck. Am i missing something or it doesnot work as instructed in the demo. Please help me.

16 Replies
Danny Stefanic

Hi Travs,

If you have signed up for the free trial here you will have been emailed instructions and a step by step course to add the necessary snippets to your project.

ResponsiveVoice for eLearning supports text to speech across all browsers, but more importantly it is the only solution to support native HTML text to speech in modern browsers on desktop, iOS and Android where it is generated dynamically on the client side, requiring zero bandwidth, there are no pre-generated audio files used which means if you change the slide content the spoken words reflect that instantly.

Being HTML compliant this is not suitable for flash deployments, but now with Firefox having blocked flash completely, I'd say HTML is the only way to fly!

Please let me know if you need any further assistance or have any other questions.

Christina Stephenson

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone was able to get Responsive Voice to work in Articulate? I am having the same issue Travs noted above. I sent them a helpdesk ticket 5 days ago now and haven't heard anything back.

I'd also be interested in hearing what other companies people researched that may be similar to Responsive Voice. All the other TTS options I see out there involve downloading individual mp3 files - this seems to be the only option that is more streamlined, if I could actually get it to work! :p

Danny Stefanic

Hi Christina,

I see you sent a message on Sunday (3 days ago) to support with a sample project file. Our team started looking into your issue on Monday. Please be patient while we investigate the files you supplied.

I am certain they will be able to solve your issue and have your storylines speaking soon!

Kind regards,

Danny

Angela O'Brien

Hi everyone,
I've been playing with Responsive voice today and when I publish for web is works on our LMS (it's really good).
Unfortunately, the voice will not play when published for SCORM. I've uploaded to our LMS as well as SCORM cloud. Has anyone come across this before?

I've emailed Danny from Learnbrite this morning but I thought I'd reach out to the community as well. What am I doing wrong :)

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.