Translation in SL360 - Bullets, notes and paragraph features

Feb 04, 2019

Hello,

We would like to translate all of our courses using the translation import/export option.

However, when I generate the word file, all my bullets are changed in big black points and I have to change them by hand everywhere. The paragraph features are not kept (space before/after paragraph for example). The notes are exported in different fonts (they are all in the same fonts in the English course) so I also have to change every notes font.

Am I the only one with this kind of problem?
Is the translation going to evolve soon to be easier and quicker to use?

3 Replies
Lauren Connelly

Hi Bérengère.

I know this is a dated discussion, but I wanted to share an update if others come across this discussion with a similar request! We released Enhanced Word Translation in Storyline 360 (Build 3.49.24347.0), making exporting and importing Word documents so much easier!

There are many benefits to this feature, but one is preserved formatting! The legacy Word translation method removed some text formatting, such as lists and paragraph spacing. The new Word translation method preserves all text formatting, so you don’t have to spend time and effort correcting it.

Lastly, to take advantage of this feature, make sure you've updated Storyline 360 in your Articulate 360 desktop app!