3 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hey Jennifer!

First, I just want to say I LOVE that you used Peek to share the issue you're having. Isn't it so useful for this kind of thing? :)

Unfortunately this behavior you're seeing is a known issue with Storyline 360, and our QA team is actively working to determine if there is a solution. As of now, the only way to get out of Storyline is to use the Windows Task Manager. As soon as I have new information to share, I'll post it here in this thread, and you'll receive a notification because you're now subscribed. 

If you lost your work because you had to close Storyline, there may still be a working version of your project in your temp files. Here's how to check:

1) Open this folder in Windows Explorer: %appdata%\Articulate\Storyline

2) Scan the contents of this folder for a file that starts with the name of your project. If you find one, copy it to your desktop. If you find more than one, copy the latest version to your desktop.

3) Change the file extension of the copy on your desktop from *.tmp to *.story.

4) Double-click the file to open it in Storyline.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Jennifer,

Great news! Articulate 360 Update 4  was just released, and included a number of fixes which you can see in the release notes available here, including some general fixes which resolved the behavior you were seeing.

Just launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for Storyline 360. Details here.

Let us know if you have any questions, either here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.