UPDATED: SL 360 Text Styles ISSUE: Custom Styles not available on all Slides/Layouts

Feb 22, 2021

Hello again:

Following up on my more detailed post reviewing Storyline 360's Text Styles feature, I'd like to draw attention to a critical missing element: the lack of being able to access Custom Text Styles from ANY slide or layout in a project.

This can be rather frustrating, as the whole point of creating Custom Text Styles is to actually be able to USE them on other slides once they are built.

UPDATE/P.S. I have attempted to use the "Saved Design Themes" functionality, as described in the Storyline 360 User Guide, but, unfortunately, using this feature as indicated in the User Guide does NOT work as expected. 

Custom Styles saved and re-applied using this Theme-oriented method unfortunately do NOT show up in the Storyline 360 Text Styles menu.

Anyone have any other workarounds or feedback from Articulate on this issue?

Thanks,

-Mark

Mark Shepherde-Learning Developer, Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI) - Ottawa, Canada
mshepherd@cihi.ca

1 Reply
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Mark,

Thank you for letting us know what you are experiencing in your project related to Custom Text Styles.

With your permission, I'd like you to share your project file with our support engineers to investigate what's happening. You can share it privately by uploading it here. It will be deleted when troubleshooting is complete.

If you have a brief video to demonstrate where you are seeing the issue, that will be helpful as well.