Updating SL360 and being told the application is open whilst it is not

Mar 26, 2024

Does anyone get told that SL360 is running (whilst it is not) as attempting to install the last update? Booted and rebooted the system and there is not way this works. 

5 Replies
Steven Benassi

Hi Andrea!

I'd love to help you get up and running with the latest version of Storyline as quickly as possible!

Is there a chance you have any .story files stored on a network or shared drive? We recommend working entirely on your local drive to avoid any erratic behavior. Also, a helpful step would be performing a repair of your Storyline installation, to see if that corrects the issue. If you're still having trouble after a fresh install, please connect with us through a support case.

We'd be happy to continue troubleshooting with you!

Andrea Borsoi

You have such a weird vision of how ICT is in big organizations! I work on a virtual machine and have no other option that working on a partition of a disc that is local from my perspective, but is shared really. How do you think big organization that buy multiple licence work?
One day all works. You issue an update and the whole thing goes banana, and it is always the 'try to use local disk' (I heard like so many times). This is what I get. I have done nothing and all in a sudden trying to install you update (one after the other...this was days after the previous one!) this is it.
Worked for one year, now it is the shared disk.
[cid:image001.png@01DA803D.F0B89540]

Classification: WIPO FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY

World Intellectual Property Organization Disclaimer: This electronic message may contain privileged, confidential and copyright protected information. If you have received this e-mail by mistake, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail and all its attachments. Please ensure all e-mail attachments are scanned for viruses prior to opening or using.

[The signature visual for the World I P Day campaign is a short hand-drawn animation. It represents an inventor?EUR(tm)s new idea ?EUR" as unique as their fingerprint ?EUR" in the form of a seed nestled in their hand. Protected, the seed sprouts into a healthy plant.] <https://www.wipo.int/en/web/ipday/2024-sdgs/index/?utm

Andrea Borsoi

Thanks. I just reinstalled all after deinstalling all. A day wasted
Thanks in any case
Best
Andrea

Classification: WIPO FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY

World Intellectual Property Organization Disclaimer: This electronic message may contain privileged, confidential and copyright protected information. If you have received this e-mail by mistake, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail and all its attachments. Please ensure all e-mail attachments are scanned for viruses prior to opening or using.

[The signature visual for the World I P Day campaign is a short hand-drawn animation. It represents an inventor?EUR(tm)s new idea ?EUR" as unique as their fingerprint ?EUR" in the form of a seed nestled in their hand. Protected, the seed sprouts into a healthy plant.] <https://www.wipo.int/en/web/ipday/2024-sdgs/index/?utm

Luciana Piazza

Thank you for the update, Andrea! I so understand your frustration. If any questions come up, feel free to reach out via email in your case, and our colleague Mick can take a closer look! 

It looks like part of your email signature came through when you replied via email as well. You can remove that if needed by clicking ‘Edit’ beneath your response. Here’s a quick Peek video if you need help.

Have a nice weekend!