User licence

Aug 20, 2020

Hi How does Articulate licence work? I assume it operates over the internet and doesn't have to installed on a machine. How does it work if we only buy 1 licence, can different staff access the account on different machines at different times? We have a number of part-time staff that are involved in building courses but we don't want to have to buy 3 licences - can I do this with one licence? Sharon

1 Reply
Katie Riggio

Good morning, Sharon!

Those are great questions, and I'm happy to answer them for you:

1. How does an Articulate license work? 
    Articulate 360
    : Initially, you'll need to be online long enough to sign into Articulate 360 and install the desktop-authoring apps, such as Storyline 360. Then you can use the apps offline up to 99 days at a time (or 30 days for free trials).

Perpetual License of Storyline
    : Storyline 3 will attempt to use the internet connection during automatic activation, when for support in the Help tab, or when checking for updates. The main features of Storyline 3 will still work if you get disconnected from the internet.
  2. How does access work?
    Articulate 360
    : The Articulate 360 Terms of Service entitles a user to install Articulate software on a maximum of two computers, such as a home computer and a work computer. Each user will have their own Articulate ID to access Articulate 360.

If you need to install the apps on more computers or need more than one person to use it, we recommend purchasing additional subscriptions or considering an Articulate 360 Teams plan. 

Perpetual License of Storyline: The Articulate End User License Agreement (EULA) entitles a single user to install Articulate Storyline on a maximum of two computers.

Related Resources

If you have any more questions, our sales team is happy to work through various options and help you sort what plan would best fit your needs. Simply reach out to sales@articulate.com ⤶

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.