Variable problem

Sep 22, 2016

Can someone please help me with a variable problem I am having.

I have a base layer with 6 question tabs and a short video that tells students to select a question.

I have 6 slide layers for the questions and also a second base layer which is an exact copy of the first base layer only this time it is a different video that tells students to select a different question.

The 6 questions are all linked on the first base layer but as soon as you select any of the questions when you select back it then takes you back to the second base layer to watch the follow on video.

Each question tab on the first and second base layers have a visited states.

The problem is the first question you select show as visited on the first base layer but not on the second base layer.

To solve this I thought I would add a variable. I have created a variable for each question tab and set it to false.

On the first base layer I have asked it to adjust the variables to true if the user clicks that question. I have used a reference to check that the variable is changing to true and we seem to be all good up until this point.

Then I move across to the second base layer and add a trigger that changes the question tab to visited if the variable for that tab is == to true. It is the first trigger on the list but is not changing the state of the question to visited.

What am I doing wrong?

1 Reply

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.