Review 360: New Productivity & Version Management Features

Sep 28, 2021

Now it’s easier than ever to manage your content in Review 360. Whether you want to show stakeholders different versions of your course or restore a previous version, Review 360 has you covered. 

With the new version control feature, you can manage the visibility of different versions of your projects. To view a course version, select the Current Version dropdown and click the version you want to view. Then simply toggle the eye icon next to the version to show or hide it. It’s that easy!

You can even undo accidental publishes by restoring previous versions of a course. Just select the version you want to restore and select the Restore This Version button. 

And if you need to upload published Storyline 360 courses or videos manually, you can do that too.

Just click the Upload a File button and select the file(s) to upload.

You can even upload new versions of an existing video or Storyline 360 course. Simply click the three dots on the right of your course’s cover screen and select Upload New Version. So easy!

These new Review 360 features streamline the process of gathering feedback from project stakeholders, while helping you maintain control over what you share with them. 

For step-by-step instructions on getting the most out of these new features, head over to this article: 3 Ways the Latest Review 360 Updates Make Managing Content Even Easier.

Follow us on Twitter and come back to E-Learning Heroes regularly for more helpful advice on everything related to e-learning. 

13 Replies
Veronica Ewing

Hello! I'm trying to upload a video to Review 360 for review using the "upload a file" link on the web browser but when I click on the link, nothing happens. I've tried dragging and dropping my file into the work space as well and that has failed as well. Not sure what else to do, but I am unable to upload files to Review 360 from the web browser, no matter what I try. Thanks. 

Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Veronica.

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues uploading a video to Review 360.

Let me ask you a few questions to help you troubleshoot:

• Which browser and operating system are you using?
  • Have you attempted the upload with a different browser?
  • When you try to drag and drop the file, do you get an error?
Veronica Ewing

Thank you for Maria for helping out. Answers below: 

- I am using MacOS Catalina and Google Chrome

- I just attempted to upload using Safari and it did work in the browser. Just double checked Google Chrome and still unable to upload via that browser. 

- When I tried to drag and drop the file, I didn't get an error, the video just opened in a new browser window with a local address to my machine. 

Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Veronica. 

Thank you for the additional details!

Review 360 doesn't have a drag and drop option, so when you drag the file to Chrome, the browser assumes you want to open the file. 

Since uploading works in Safari, I believe this might be related to the Files and Folders permissions. If you go to the System Preferences > Security and Privacy > Files and Folders, do you see Google Chrome listed?

Security & Privacy 2021-10-14 at 12.58.04 PM

Here is some additional information:

Veronica Ewing

Ah. That might be it. I'll have to work with my org's internal IT to see if that is something that they would allow me to change since they have the system on lockdown. But since it's working for me in Safari, that might be the path forward for me. 

Thank you again for troubleshooting with me! 

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Magda,

There is no automatic deletion as long as you have an active subscription.

Your content will remain intact on our servers for at least six months after your paid subscription expires or at least three months after your trial ends.

During that time, anyone who has direct links to review your projects will still be able to view them and add comments. However, you won't be able to access your Review 360 home page where all your projects are listed.

See this article for details about what to do before your account expires and what happens to your apps and content afterward.

Kelly Auner

Hi Kirk,

Thanks for reaching out!  I'm glad to hear you're enjoying these updates. You can publish courses created in Storyline 360 and Rise 360 to Review. You also have the ability to manually upload a video version to Review.

Here are some additional resources that you may find helpful:

Please let me know if you have any questions!