Reviewer prompted for email

Dec 07, 2020

I recently sent an articluate review link for review. I selected or de-selected the option so that reviewers did NOT need an account to review. However, when they entered their email, they were prompted to log-in before providing comments.

When I tested the same link on my computer - I was able to enter an email twice and make comments and one time I was prompted to log in.

I was using the latest versions of Chrome and Edge for this testing. 

We would like to make sure we know how to give proper instructions to our business owners as well as make sure it works properly every time.

5 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Rachel,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing what your reviewers are experiencing in Review 360.

It sounds like you've got your course set up to Allow Reviewers to Comment Without an Account. If their email address is tied to an Articulate ID and if they aren't already signed in, they'll be prompted to enter their password. If you'd like me to check an e-mail to see if they have an Articulate ID, I can do that for you. You can send it to me privately by uploading it here

Rachel Gatewood

Thank you so much for your reply! In my continued search yesterday, I was able to find that information - my apologies for not coming back and either deleting or not resolving this comment.

However, it would still be nice to know if our business owners will be contacted by Articulate if they provide their emails and also if their email is associated so I will e-mail you. Thank you!

Rachel Gatewood

Last related question: If a reviewer leaves a comment, when are they notified? Not at all? Only when someone responds directly to their comment? When someone responds on the same slide? Does the answer change based on their email affiliation with Articulate? We would like to avoid spamming our reviewers with emails. Thank you in advance for providing clarification.