Block Entrance Animations break the Multimedia/Embed exhibition.

May 07, 2024

Hello!
If I choose the Block Entrance Animations option, in Themes -> Blocks, it breaks the display of a Multimedia -> Embed block, where I have an iframe code inserted.
Is this expected or is it an error?
Is there any suggestion on how to get around this situation, or just disable the Block Entrance Animations option?
Thanks.

3 Replies
Jose Tansengco

Hi Alberto, 

Sorry to hear that you ran into this issue.

I tested embed blocks with the "Block Entrance Animations" option enabled and my course previewed without any issues. Here's a link to my test course. Would you mind replacing your embed code with this one to see if we can isolate it to the iframe code you're using for embedding content?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EbKAqjbVE4s?si=vAv-YG3yZKDXu2EN" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If the issue is isolated to your iframe embed code, please post it here so we can check to see if we can modify it to get it to work properly.

Alberto Paiva

Hello Jose Tansengco!

I believe the problem lies in the resource I'm using. The iframe you provided works perfectly, but the one I'm using doesn't work with the mentioned option activated.

This must be an isolated case then.

But no problem, I'll use it with the option disabled.

Note: If I use the iframe below, before another block, it works, but if it's the last one, it doesn't...

And I noticed that this error only occurs in continuous navigation mode.

Here's the markup I'm using and that is giving an error:

<iframe title="Retornar ao curso" frameborder="0" width="1200" height="175" src="https://view.genial.ly/663a051b45033d0013e80013" allowfullscreen="true" scrolling="yes"></iframe>

Jose Tansengco

Hi Alberto,

Thanks for the additional information. If the issue only happens when the embed block is placed at the end of a lesson, the best solution would be to add another block to conclude the lesson. You can also work with an administrator of the website you're trying to embed so they can check what's causing issues with their links when embedded!