Embedded youtube videos

Jan 04, 2019

Hoping someone can help with the embedding of youtube videos. Youtube no longer have the option to deselect recommended videos once the clip finishes, this is a huge problem for me as I embed medical videos (I am sure you can imagine some of the suggested videos that appear - very unprofessional!) Some sites suggest adding the ?rel=0 code to the url/embed code. When placed in Rise message is unable to embed - interestingly it then displays the video which can be viewed in preview mode but not when published. Is there any way around this other than a paid account or actually uploading the video.

Look forward to any suggestions or differernt ways to upload videos.

5 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi, Ruth!

The rel parameter determines which related videos will be suggested at the end of the video.

• rel=0 means related videos will come from the same channel as the source video.

While there isn't a way to block recommended videos completely, you could try looping the video. Here's how to set up the looping: 

• loop=0 means the video won't loop (default)
  • loop=1 means the video will loop

Note: The loop parameter requires that you also use the playlist parameter. Set the playlist parameter equal to your video ID. Here's the URL format for a looping video:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/video_id?loop=1&playlist=video_id

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.