Font sizing in rise

Jul 17, 2018

Just printed out the massive strategic plan I've built in rise and note that the template font is 17 point, making the printed document a bit... clunky. Can I reduce the template font size for the entire doc or do I have to manually update every block?

Adam

5 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Adam,

I saw you had a similar post here on Rise fonts and exporting to PDF, so I wanted to link the two just in case! 

The font sizing is controlled within each individual lesson, and even within that, you'll find titles, descriptions, etc. can have varying sizes. 

Let me know if you need anything else! 

Adam Baudelaire

Mainly I need control. Font sizing I can manage down to 12 point but not more and the LEADING, really needs control.
Ideally what’s needed is an export to pdf control so that you can have the fonts at one size for the online doc and another for print because 17pt is fine online but 10 is much better in a professional printed doc.

Also need to be able to control how things flow across pages.

Adam

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Adam,

I know our team is looking into additional enhancements around how the PDF is generated and where the page breaks occur, so I'll keep you posted on that here! 

For the font changes, there isn't a master font setting for Rise courses as it's something you can set within each lesson and block. It sounds like having that would meet your needs as then you could easily adjust the font to export for PDF and when you're exporting for Web/LMS? 

carolyn hammer

I've now signed in as my business partner. Seems we are having version control issues. Ostensibly RISE is a document that a team can work on but it seems that something is happening around changes and permissions. She has done a lot of work that seems to have disappeared, which as you can imagine, is a nightmare. Also she doesn't seem to have the ability to publish out to PDF. Would be ideal to be able to publish out to word, or pages or something that allows proper formatting.
We will have to get away from this program to do our job it seems. It's a shame. Rise has potential but fails in critical areas.

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Adam and Carolyn.  I can see you're on the same 360 Team, and it sounds like you're collaborating on some Rise projects.  Here's our guide for using team collaboration in Rise.  The owner has some permissions that other collaborators don't have, like exporting the content.  

You mentioned losing content, however, so I want to make sure we offer help!  Changes to your courses in Rise are saved immediately, and you should never have to face loss of content.  Can you share the name of the course and the lesson titles where you lost work with us here?

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.