How to get rid of video play button on storyline blocks added to Rise

Jan 25, 2021

I see there are already some helpful tips on swapping out JS files but exactly where ARE those Storyline review output files? They're not on my local drive so how can I access them?

Or is there a new, easier fix than this?

A bit desperate as need to get project out!

Thanks.

Vee

7 Replies
Chino Navarro

Hi Valerie,

I am not sure what tip you are following but to access the Rise course's output files, you need to export the course. I recommend reaching out to the person who posted the tip for better guidance.

For your question about making the Storyline block seamless in Rise 360, have you tried toggling the Storyline block's width setting?

Here is a sample screenshot:

Valerie Brooks

Thanks for responding.

I know about the width settings but that doesn't overcome the
aspect ratio issues!

But my main show stopper is the play button for SL blocks in Rise. I have
tried to follow Math's steps which he kindly shared, but now I am
struggling to find a JS editor that works on my Mac.

Oh well!

Valerie Brooks

Thanks for responding.

I know about the width settings but that doesn't overcome the aspect ratio issues!

But my main show stopper is the play button for SL blocks in Rise. I have tried to follow Math's steps which he kindly shared, but now I am struggling to find a JS editor that works on my Mac.

Oh well!

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Valerie!

Another option is to create a new first slide in the Storyline content that mimics the current first slide but doesn't have any media on it. 

Simply duplicate the first slide to create a copy of it. Then, delete the video, and replace it with a screenshot of the video where the video would go. Finally, add your own play button that jumps to the next slide.