Is there a way to indent sub-bullet points in a list?

Dec 12, 2016

I have made a list, but I'd like to further indent some bullets, similar to the Sub-bullet text below. Is this possible?

• Sample 
  • Sample 
    • Sub-bullet
    • Sub-bullet
  • Sample
46 Replies
Troy Johnson

This is still a recurring issue with the Bullets Block. I have found that when trying to enter bullets as text block, there are spacing issues when trying to tab to align with left margin.

I have found a work-around. I thought to use a Apple Mac to type "Alt/Option" + 8 (*) to manually enter bullets by default. You can just Shift/Tab in the Bullets Block then Option/8 to make sub-bullets then go back to a Windows PC if you need to later.

I hope this helps until we actually get a fix after all of this time.

Tracy Scott

Hi there... I realize this is an older post but I am brand spanking new to Rise.  What I was hoping for was to be able to use bullets under a numbered text paragraph for example:

11. The consequences of this action could be:

• point 1
  • point 2
  • point 3

I seem to be having difficulty - when I highlight the items to be bulleted, it switches my number to a bullet as well.   

Is there a way around this?

Janet Hock

Thanks for your note. My question is a little different than what you addressed. I want to move text closer to a bullet. This can be done, for example, in Power Point or Word. Is there a way to do that in Storyline?

Janet Hock
S&ES Mgr
Praxair Inc., a member of the Linde group
555 Dudley Street
Lakewood, CO 80226
303-274-2422 (office)
720-256-5900 (cell)
janet

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Janet! I replied to you about bullet spacing in the discussion here. You can use this same method in Storyline 360.

You'll also get others' replies (like Alyssa's) to the discussion if you're subscribed. You can unsubscribe at the top. Quick note - when you reply via email, it includes your email signature with contact information in the public discussion.  You can edit it out of the post if you wish!

Christopher Santos

Hi Yun,

The increase indent option should be available on the text editing pane that will come up wherever you can highlight texts.  In the below clip, I added some bulleted points in the accordion block.

indent

You can also contact our support team if you have more questions regarding this or any other feature in Rise 360.

Ashlee Wallis

Hi I am also trying to increase the indent for a bullet and only the text is indenting. The Bullet remains in the same spot. See video attached.
It also look like you can create a bullet list within the bullet list... but then you have double bullets which looks silly.

Micah Weedman

Is there a way to format the sizing and spacing of the bullets in the text block to match that of the bullet list block when doing this? It's rather weird visually to have to use a different looking list for this, if lists are a part of a course's content. (I mean without going into the output files, at which point I could just change the list block).

I usually find lots of requests on here to be ignorant of Rise's original purpose, but there's no reason responsively why this isn't an option. If Rise can make a list in a text box responsive, it can do it in a list block as well.