Rise 360 Access to Learners: Shareable Web Link versus Hosting on Web Server

Jun 03, 2020

Hello,

I am newly using Articulate Rise 360.  I've just reviewed this article to understand how to share a course with learners:  https://articulate.com/support/article/How-to-Share-Articulate-Rise-Courses-with-Learners

I will not be using an LMS, so the options are to share the web link or to host it on a web server.  I've found additional resources for how to do so with Amazon S3 and Cloudberry. 

Regarding the option of just sharing a web link, the above article states, 

"Viewing a course via a shareable link is not a long-term hosting solution. And a shared course doesn’t track your learners’ progress. When they leave and come back, they have to start all over.

We recommend you export your course to an LMS or a permanent web host for the best learner experience."

Yet, for the permanent web host, it also states that you can't track learners' progress, so what is the difference/pros/cons of hosting it on a web server?

Thank you so much in advance.

Best,

Aimee

5 Replies
Karl Muller

The Share link is to be used for "light" sharing, for example when a subject matter expert needs to review a course for accuracy. The Share link is not to be used for free course hosting purposes. You can add a password to protect the link.

From a learner perspective, there is no difference between a Share link and a link to a course hosted on Amazon or any other server. The learner clicks on a link, and launches the course. Upon leaving the course, no learner progress data is saved. When a learner returns to the course again, they will need to restart the course from the beginning every time.

PRO's: cheap to do do this kind of hosting compared to using a LMS.

CON's: no learner data is saved. Learners have to restart the course each time. Training administrators don't know who did the training or how well they did.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.